Not only in the darkness, but a good-quality external flash can spread the effective lighting even in the bright sunlight. Actually, it can help to soften the portrait modes and to prevent unwanted shadow effects. The shooting with a compatible third-party flash will help you to not only create a perfect balance but also will let you experience some stunning photography experience. Today, I will provide the reviews on the best external flashes for Nikon cameras.
It is a general belief that the best thing always available at the expensive rate. Although, this thing is not correct for all types of products. You can get the advantage of a top-featured TTL (Through The Lens) flashlight for your Nikon DSLR in a budget-price. Here is the list of the most sought and below $100 priced Nikon TTL flashlights. Let’s have a look at it.
Best Budget TTL Flash for Nikon
1) Altura Photo AP-N1001 Professional I-TTL Flash Kit for NIKON
The AP-N1001 TT560 is a simple yet powerful flash that is compatible with not only Nikon but also with other brands of DSLR. Though the features may look limited compared to a few other external flashes, it’s an excellent product for the professional buyers who have a limited budget.
Features & specs of Altura Photo AP-N1001 Flash for Nikon are:
- You will get a range of 100 feet capability for both the off-camera flash and wireless trigger.
- It has a guide number of 68m which delivers powerful output.
- Dedicated I-TTL flashlight delivers optimal performance in all weather conditions indoor and outdoor.
- The package includes one I-TTL autofocus flash, wireless flash trigger, Cable-M cord, camera remote control, hard flash diffuser, cleaning cloth, and a protective pouch.
- This product comes with a 90-day money back guarantee from the seller and a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- You can choose from a flash only, single flash kit, and two flash kit according to your requirement.
2) AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for Nikon DSLR Cameras
The proprietary Speedlite from Amazon is good regarding both power and size. The AmazonBasics Electronic Flash has a dedicated design for the Digital SLR cameras. It comes with excellent functionality, and operational characteristics that lead many photographers choose it over the other products available in the market.
Specs and features of AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR are:
- It is entirely compatible with Nikon as well as Canon digital cameras.
- You will be able to take stunning pictures and videos even in the low-lights with this professional-approached TTL flash.
- The guide number of this flash is 33 as per ISO 100/1M.
- It has three main modes including Manual (M), Slave 1 (S1), and Slave 2 (S2) to deliver versatile performance.
- You can tilt it up to 90 degrees and rotate it up to 270 degrees.
- It has both the wireless sensor for camera trigger and a synchronization input for making the off-camera connection.
- It has an autosaving function for the flash adjustment with eight levels of brightness control.
- The package also includes a carry bag and a hot sue stand.
3) YONGNUO YN-568EX Wireless Camera Flash Speedlite
The YN-568EX wireless Speedlite from Yongnuo comes with advanced feature settings that will deliver performance according to your photography needs. Due to the wireless functionality, it can receive the WiFi signals from an ultra-long range. It is the best yongnuo flash for Nikon today.
Features and specs of Yongnuo YN-568EX Flash for Nikon are:
- It has a zooming range of 24 to 105 mm which will help to get enough focus on the things staying far.
- With 1/8000 maximum shutter synchronization, you will get a top speed rate of continuous shooting.
- It has a guide number of 58mm delivers correct lighting output in all weather conditions.
- The CLS I-TTL system includes the functions like HSS, FEB, FEC, depth-of-fired, FE lock, rear-curtain synchronization, and modeling light are useful if you use them in remote modes.
- In this package, you will get a flashlight, one mini stand, one protection bag, and a manual to use this flash efficiently.
4) Neewer 750II TTL Flash Speedlite with LCD Display for Nikon
The Neewer 750II TTL flashlight can work with not only the Nikon cameras but also the DSLRs from the brands like Canon, Sony, Pentax, etc. It delivers soft flash illumination with even output and folds down for the secure storage and carrying.
Specs and features of 750II TTL Speedlite from Neewer are:
- It has a guide number of 58m which means you will get an excellent output of lighting.
- The vertical rotation angle of up to 90 degrees and horizontal rotation angle of up to 270 degrees helps to take perfect pictures and record videos from a comfortable angle.
- It comes with an attached socket for charging the external pack.
- You can use it with Nikon D7200, D7100, D7000, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D500, D600, D700, D90, D80, D60, D50, and other models.
- You can easily synchronize it with your computer.
- An included LCD screen will help you to check and set the functions conveniently.
- You will get a Nikon external flash, one mini stand, a user manual, one protecting bag, and a warranty card.
5) Voking VK430 I TTL Speedlite Shoe Mount Flash for Nikon
The VK430 I-TTL external flash from Voking is entirely compatible with all the Nikon cameras that come with a standard hot shoe. It also includes a large LCD screen which will help you to control the output within a minute of time. Though this product is high-feature rich, it is one of the best budget flashes for Nikon.
Features and specs of Voking VK430 I-TTL Flash for Nikon are:
- It has a guide number of 42 which helps the flash to deliver optimum photography output.
- It comes with front and rear curtain synchronization.
- Despite top features included, this flash is easy to use.
- Vertical rotation of up to 90-degree and horizontal rotation of up to 270-degree angles with eight levels of flash output control, you will get an enhanced experience of image and video shooting.
- Other features include an automatic flashlight detection, overheat protection, extended life, etc.
- Along with the Speedlite flash, this package includes a protection cover, a hot shoe stand, and a user manual.
6) Bower SFD680N Digital Flash for Nikon DSLR
The Bower SFD680N is an upgraded and better version of the digital flash from the company which is designed explicitly for Nikon DSLRs. The controls on automatic shutter speed and aperture will help you to use it freely on digital as well as analog cameras.
Specs and features of Bower SFD680N Nikon External Flash are:
- The 85mm guide number ensures a powerful output for your shooting needs.
- It has a bounce and swivel zoom head which helps to handle the harshest lighting conditions without any difficulties.
- The dedicated I-TTL flash with autofocus flashgun makes it the right choice for the DSLR users.
- It is compatible with all the Nikon models including D90, D80, D70, D60, D50, D5100, D5000, D7000, D300, D300S, D200, D2Hs, D700, D3100, D3000, etc.
- It has a zoom coverage range of 28mm to 85mm.
- The dual power saving mode will help to save the battery life.
7) Yongnuo YN-565EX I-TTL Flash Speedlite For Nikon
The YN-565EX is also the top-rated Yongnuo flash for Nikon camera under $100 price tag. It comes with a wireless slave TTL functioning to improve your photography experience at the top level. From auto-zooming to instant synchronization, this Speedlite has so much to offer to the Nikon DSLR user.
Features and specs of Yongnuo YN-565EX I-TTL Flash are:
- It can work with all Nikon I-TTL cameras.
- It has a guide number of 33 which is impressive in the category.
- In the manual mode guide, it has seven distinct power flash levels along with eight output control levels and twenty-two exceptional tuning levels.
- It has features like a built-in bounce card, four channels,
- This external Speedlite has TTL (Through The Lens), Manual, and Multi flash modes.
- It has a horizontal angle range from 0 to 270 degrees as well as vertical angle range from 7 to 90 degrees.
- In this package, you will get a Nikon compatible external flash from Yongnuo, a manual in Chinese & English languages, one mini stand, and a protection bag.
Getting the best budget flashgun for Nikon
When it comes to choosing the most compatible external flashlight for the Nikon DSLR in lower prices, there are a few aspects that you need to keep in mind.
- Check for the master/slave modes of the flash that will deliver the exotic effect of lighting.
- When you use ultra wide angle lenses, then the flashgun should have a wide angle diffuser to get the best coverage.
- Check the zooming range and AF illumination functions to lock and capture objects accurately.
- The guide number is also an important thing. The bigger this number is, the better it will adjust to the environmental conditions.
- A bounce and swivel head will provide softness in portrait and close-up clicks, so if the flash has right vertical and horizontal rotation angles, it will be a plus point.
- The onboard control and LCD panels help a lot in making the quick adjustments, so look for them in the flashlight you are buying for your Nikon camera.
- If the flash kit includes a stand, then it will allow you to free your hands after an extended shooting period. Also, you will not need to buy a heavy external mounting stand.
Taking the consideration of the above points, you will get a good-quality and compatible flash for Nikon DSLR cameras from the above list. So, let the world know your choice for an external flashlight for your Nikon. Mention your Nikon camera’s model number and the flash you chose from the list here. If you are using one already, then also you can share your experience with other photographers. Visit the comment section below and provide your input.