Yongnuo has become one of the most reliable options out there when it comes to buying flashes for Canon, Nikon, and popular cameras. The brand has a collection of flashes that you may choose from for your device.
Best Yongnuo Flash
Here, we give you the best Yongnuo flashes on the market today. Let’s take a look:
1. Yongnuo YN560 IV Flash for Canon
This flash comes with a built-in trigger system and is compatible with a variety of digital cameras including Panasonic, Fujifilm, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, and Pentax.
Below are its most distinguished features:
- It supports wireless master function.
- It is a full manual flash.
- It also has a slave flash function that works wirelessly and supports a variety of transmitters: RF-602, RF-603, and YN560-TX.
- You can set the flash to save automatically through customized settings. It also has a number of other settings such as flash light to give you optimal performance.
- It requires an external power supply to charge, and the brand claims that it charges quite quickly.
- Make sure you go through all the remote control settings before you start using this flash.
- Some users have noted that the controls are slightly complicated, but you can understand them all after a couple of uses.
2. Yongnuo YN685 N GN60 Flash for Nikon
This Yongnuo flash is especially designed for Nikon cameras. It is compatible with RF603 and YN622N wireless flash systems.
We have listed a few of its best features below:
- It supports HSS or high-speed synchronization. Through this functionality, you can use it conveniently at any shutter speed
- It has an extended display thanks to which you can use it as an LCD panel or control panel.
- Using the remote control, you can set the parameters of the flash according to your preferences such as focal length, flash output, and flash mode.
- The package comes with a manual that clearly lists out usage instructions. Make sure you go through them before you start working with the flash.
- Users have said that it is among the best Yongnuo flashes for Nikon at this price.
3. Yongnuo YN968EX-RT LED Wireless Flash
This Yongnuo flash is proudly an Amazon’s Choice product, made especially for Canon cameras. It has a superior LED light with adjustable brightness along with a color conversion filter.
Let’s explore some features of this Yongnuo flash for Canon:
- This Yongnuo flash supports multi-flash, manual flash, TTL flash, and GR grouping flash.
- You can zoom it automatically or manually based on your convenience.
- It has a USB interface.
- It has a built-in diffuser.
- Yongnuo YN968EX-RT can serve as the master unit for live display and recycle information.
- Its HSS can reach 1/8000 S.
- It can receive wireless optical master signal from Canon as well as Nikon.
- You can work with S1 and S2 modes here.
- It has an external power supply port.
- The firmware can be upgraded from the brand’s official website as and when required.
- You may find the menu and the settings a little confusing in the beginning, but they can be understood through practice. You can also refer the user manual for complete usage details.
4. Yongnuo YN660 Wireless Manual Flash
Another excellent flash from Yongnuo, the YN660 flash is compatible with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, and other popular digital cameras. It has 2.4G wireless speedlite and can be worked in various modes.
Now, we shall go through a few of its standout features:
- It is among the more affordable flashes from Yongnuo.
- It allows six groups of light with the unit working as the master unit.
- You can remote control the flash light, focal length, and output.
- You can trigger the flash through the camera itself.
- You can customize most of the settings based on your usage and convenience.
- The flash comes with a mini-stand, a manual, and a protective bag.
- One thing to keep in mind here is to not keep flashing continuously because it could end up burning the flash. The brand has warned users about this in the manual. If you want to flash rapidly, you could switch to low power setting. High power can be fatal and should be avoided.
5. Yongnuo YN- 568EX II Flash for Canon
This Yongnuo flash has been designed keeping Canon and Nikon models in mind. It comes with a carrying case, a manual, and a stand.
You can explore its features below:
- It is a 4-channel flash with TTL flash speedlite.
- It has a wireless master control.
- The HSS on this flash is 1/8000 S.
- It allows manual flash.
- It is important to be careful while working with the flash because it has a tendency of overheating. Continuous usage may be damaging, which is why you need to give it time to cool off every once in a while.
How to Use Yongnuo Flash?
When you get your first speedlight, you may have two thoughts. One is that you want to click some fantastic clicks and the other one is to understand how to use it at its best. In this article, I will share my experience with Yongnuo flash. However, this concept of how to use Yongnuo flash remains applicable to any other flashlight. Using a Speedlight after reading this write-up will become super easy. Here I am taking YN560TX as a reference.
1) Getting Started
The flash operates with the batteries. So, insert two AA batteries in the side battery compartments. Then turn on your device with the power switch. Set up the controller to work with the communication mode. Choose the appropriate mode by long pressing the Hz/FN button. Use the ‘left’ or ‘right’ button to select/change the settings on your YN560TX. Press the center button to confirm your choice. Center button stays for OKAY.
2) Attach the Speedlight
You can see the hot shoe on the top of your camera. It is the place where you need to mount the external flash. Put the Yongnuo flash on the top of the camera by placing its metal bottom correctly into the hot shoe. The speedlight display should face the back of the camera. Secure the flash by turning the little plastic wheel. Make sure that you have placed it well to avoid the poor connection.
3) Buttons and Settings
After knowing the buttons, it is easy to use the flash. Setting up your flash is the primary thing to do. Beyond the settings, there is just experiments and a lot of practice left. There are eight buttons.
Starting from the top left;
- Backlight/Sound – This button can turn on or off the LCD backlight. It restarts when you long press it and sounds “BEEP” to notify that the flash is ready to shoot.
- Mode (M or Multi) – This button can select the modes between Manual, Multi, or Off when in TX and RX modes.
- Trigger Mode Toggle – You can choose between the various modes.
- Flash Head Zoom – This button can adjust the zoom of any mode except the “TX” mode.
The bottom left side of the flash:
- Pilot/Test – It shows the red light when it is ready.
- Signal Indicator – This will blink blue when the unit receives a signal.
The bottom right side of the flash
- Power On/Off – Press for a longer time than just clicking. It will wake up the flash from “SE” sleep mode after 2 seconds.
- Set/Selection controls – These buttons help to move up, down, left, and right. The center button is for “OK” to set that opinion to your choice.
Fire the Flash
After putting up the batteries and setting up the flash, you are all set to use it to capture. Now you have basic knowledge of how to use Yongnuo flash; you are ready to fire the flash. With the passing time and a lot of practice, you can create amazing images.
The market has a variety of Yongnuo flash products that can fit your needs as well as your budget. You just have to spend some time looking for devices that are compatible with your camera. Do let us know which Yongnuo flash you purchased and what you think of it!