Action cameras quickly became popular, considering how our GenZ millennials love to capture all their moments. Whether it’s underwater diving, bungee jumping, or trying a zip line for the first time, we all love to capture it all for our treasure trove of memories. As vlogging became more popular, these action cameras became one of the must-have devices. Unfortunately, while many brands offer a range of action cameras, there are only a handful of options that can be listed in the top 10. So here I am comparing the two best action cameras Sony FDR X3000 vs GoPro Hero 5.
Two such cameras that are very popular and have impressed people worldwide are GoPro Hero 5 and Sony FDR X3000. However, these two cameras have some similarities and can be confusing for a potential buyer. To help you figure out which one is better and has the edge over the other, we will look at the specifications of these two cameras and give our verdict on which one is better.
Keep reading this blog post about GoPro Hero 5 vs Sony FDR X3000 to get all the answers!
Sony FDR X3000 vs GoPro Hero 5
GoPro Hero 5
One of the most popular choices among photographers for an action camera is the GoPro HERO5. The camera is packed with all the features you need to capture the moments with voice control, user-friendly touch display, and 4K video. The enabled QuikStories feature also sends all recorded footage to your smartphone via an app, where you can edit the video on the go. In addition, the video stabilization, waterproof design and stunning photo quality make it a preferred choice for action cameras.
Key features and specifications:
- The camera has a 2-inch touch display for previewing and playing back the footage. One can also use it for editing the footage as well as changing the settings.
- It has a rugged design, is easy to carry and waterproof.
- GoPro offers a spectacular 4K video and 12MP photos in various modes like time-lapse, single and continuous shooting.
- The camera has hassle-free voice control to control your GoPro.
- This action camera offers excellent video stabilization that captures all moments smoothly, even when handheld or attached to gear.
- The GoPro Hero 5 features a simple one-button control. When pressed, it turns the camera on and automatically starts recording.
- The Hero5 also features QuikStories, which sends the footage to your phone’s app, which can then be converted into a video.
Sony FDR X3000
The Sony FDR X3000 quickly became a hit among people looking for the best action cameras. Its 4K video quality with sophisticated Balanced Optical Steady Shot features makes this camera a top-rated choice.
Key features and specifications:
- The Sony camera comes with a brilliant 4K resolution with a ZEISS lens and Exmor R CMOS.
- Users can preview and control the camera with the Live View remote control available separately.
- The camera is splashproof, freezeproof and waterproof up to 60m.
- Since the camera is equipped with a Balanced Optical Steady Shot, it reduces image and video shaking when shooting on the go.
- It can capture fast action with continuous shooting and has a selectable angle of view.
- The Sony FDR X3000 is equipped with a feature that can help users capture the entire action sequence in a single frame with Motion Shot.
- It also has a built-in stereo microphone that allows you to record audio with wind noise reduction.
Our Conclusion about Sony FDR X3000 vs GoPro Hero 5
GoPro has conquered the action cameras because of its portability and the features it offers. But when we look at the Sony FDR X3000, it comes with more features that improve its overall performance. Be it low light, image stabilization, and image sharpness; the Sony FDR X3000 performs better than the GoPro Hero5. The Balanced Optical Steady Shot feature of the camera offers better image stabilization compared to other action cameras.
However, if you are looking for a camera for underwater shooting, the GoPro Hero5 is a better choice. It produces a clear image, and the quality is even slightly better than the Sony camera. The GoPro’s ease of use and overall performance surpasses the Sony FDR X3000 in all areas except image stabilization and low-light performance.
In our review, the GoPro Hero5 is a better option than the Sony FDR X300 as it offers a good grid, ease of use, and all the features you need for shooting on the go. In addition, the rearview screen and voice control features make it easy to change settings as needed without investing in additional equipment.
The Sony FDR X3000, on the other hand, requires you to invest in a remote to control settings, which adds to the price of the camera. According to our review, the GoPro5 Hero5 is a clear winner.