The Canon Rebel T3i is one of the best entry-level DSLRs today. It was a significant upgrade from its previous model with a wide range of new features. Some things remained the same, of course, such as the processor and resolution sensor but the shooting modes, HD movie capture, software, etc. were much better.
Now, we all know that a DSLR is only as good as its lens. The camera by itself is good – there’s no denying it. But an additional wide angle lens would be a great addition to your arsenal. We know what you are thinking – how should you choose one? There are so many options. Well, that’s the dilemma many of our users face and that’s why we thought we would consolidate a list for you.
Best Wide Angle Lens For Canon T3i
This is a curated list consisting of the best available choices on the market today. We urge you to go through them and compare the ones you like most to zero in on the ultimate winner.
1. Canon EF-S 10-22mm SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs
Why not start our list with an Amazon’s Choice product? The Canon EF-S SLR Lens is a wide angle zoom lens suitable for your Canon T3i. Why do we say so? Explore its features to find out yourself:
- This is a 10-22mm lens with an aperture of f/3.5-4.5.
- It comes with a full-time manual focus that you can adjust using the ring.
- The lens promises superior AF speed and performance.
- Closing focusing is possible up to 9.5 inches. You can focus on very small subjects and fill the frame with ease.
- To facilitate natural highlights, the lens has a circular aperture design.
- It has a warranty of 1 year.
2. Canon EF-S 10-18mm STM Lens
This is another lens from Canon’s kitty and we think it will impress you with its many features. Some of our favorites are as follows:
- The Canon EF-S STM Lens is an ultra-wide lens with a maximum focal length of 18mm.
- Its maximum aperture is f/4.5 to 5.6.
- The focusing distance is exceptional at just 0.72 feet, which is 0.22 m.
- The lens has a stepping motor that makes it quiet and removes unnecessary noise. This comes in handy during video shooting.
- It also has an optical image stabilizer.
- It offers full-time manual focus.
3. Canon EF50mm f/1.8 STM Lens for Canon DSLR
Many lenses have a plastic body and some users do not like that at all. If you are among them, you will definitely want to buy this one. It has a metal body and a whole range of exciting features:
- This is a non-zooming, fixed lens that is known for delivering excellent contrast and sharpness. The distortion is minimal.
- Its metal mount is sturdy and portable at the same time.
- The lens is compatible with various Canon DSLR cameras including the T3i.
- Its maximum focal length is 50mm and its aperture is f/1.8.
- The STM ensures that the noise is minimal.
- The minimum focusing distance is 35 cm.
- Its coating minimizes ghosting and flaring.
4. Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Professional Lens
If you do not mind looking at third-party lenses for your Canon T3i, you should definitely explore Altura. This particular product is an ultra-wide angle lens created for various Canon DSLR cameras. Its features are as follows:
- The lens has been made keeping all levels of photographers in mind right from beginners to professionals.
- It has multi-layer lens coating and a hybrid aspherical element. This reduces ghosting and flaring.
- Its maximum focal length is 8mm.
- Its aperture range is f/3-22.
- Images are sharply defined.
5. Canon EFS 10-22mm Lens Bundle
Let’s close the list off with an exceptional lens that promises great optical quality and coverage. It is another gem from Canon and will embellish your camera very well. Its specifications are as follows:
- This is a zoom lens with true wide-angle coverage for the T3i.
- Its speed and AF performance are almost unmatched in its category.
- This is a full-time manual focus zoom lens.
- It allows very close focusing up to 9.5 inches and lets you capture small objects perfectly.
- It is a compact lens despite being ultra-wide angle.
- It comes with an inner focusing system, which means that the length remains constant despite a change in the zoom.
People also ask
1) What lenses work with Canon T3i?
All the lenses mentioned above work perfectly well with Canon T3i.
2) Is the Canon Rebel T3i a professional camera?
It is an entry-level professional camera.
3) How old is the Canon Rebel T3i?
Canon Rebel T3i was launched in 2011.
4) Is Canon T3i discontinued?
Yes, it is.
5) Is Canon Rebel T3i good for beginners?
Yes, it is a good choice for beginners.
6) Does the Canon T3i have a mic input?
Yes, it does.
Upgrading your Canon T3i with the right lens is an excellent step towards leveling up your photography game. If you are particularly looking for wide angle lenses, this article is your treasure chest. Stay tuned and follow us for updated content related to lenses for popular DSLR cameras.