The Panasonic GH4 is a great quality camera that can give DSLRs a run for their money. It is an exceptional piece of equipment to shoot videos and comes with some dazzling features such as a flip screen, mirrorless, and an external mic port.
Now, when you want to record videos, you obviously need a great mic so that the audio is recorded clearly. Of course, there’s an internal mic in the GH4 too with excellent features such as audio compressor and mic level limiter. We still think professionals must consider choosing an external mic to make full use of the Panasonic GH4 and that’s going to be our focus today.
In this article, we shall speak about the top options available on the market for you.
Best Mic For GH4
This list has been curated by our experts after pitting them against various parameters. Let’s take a look.
1. EACHSHOT Video Microphone Mic for Camera
This is a unidirectional microphone mic designed for Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras. It is specifically for those who vlog. Below are some its most interesting features:
- The EACHSHOT mic for camera is a cardioid, delicate mic made completely of aluminum.
- It has an anti-interference function that makes it very efficient.
- The mic can be installed along with the internal mic so take video recording and broadcasting to a professional level.
- Its frequency range is 80 to 16000 Hz and the noise is less than 58 dB.
- Please keep in mind that even though the mic is versatile, it is not compatible with Sony A6000 and Canon Rebel T6.
2. Comica CVM-WM100 UHF Microphone System
The Comica mic is suitable for camcorders, smartphones, and the Panasonic G4 among others. This omnidirectional mic has a 3.5mm jack and an XLR audio jack, making it quite a versatile piece. Read on for additional details:
- It has the ability to recognize audio up to 100m away. If you are operating in an open area you won’t have to worry about staccato.
- The mic has an LCD screen and high resolution display that works very well and also saves energy.
- It has a real-time monitoring function.
- The WM100 mic has different signal strengths that you can pick from. Depending on your working distance, you can adjust the strength.
- This is a wireless mic that works on the UHF technology and picks up to 48 channels.
3. Wireless Lavalier Microphone System
The Wireless Lavalier Microphone System is compatible with camcorders, DSLR cameras, and other systems. It has been devised specifically for YouTube Live Streaming, Podcasts, Vlogging, etc. Here are its features:
- It provides stable signal transmission and automatic mute control during standby thanks to its PLL circuitry, which is frequency synthesized.
- This is a pack of 2 receivers and each of them has individual volume buttons.
- You can operate it up to 100m in open areas and 60m in closed areas that have obstacles.
- The LCD display is large and clear. It displays important parameters such as battery level, channel, and frequency.
- The system can catch 16 channels.
- It is an omnidirectional mic.
4. ANDYCINE AC-M1 Video Microphone
Those who are looking for a corded microphone will be pleased with the ANDYCINE AC-M1 Video Microphone. It is an electric mic with the following specifications:
- The mic’s cardioid pointing is of very high quality and can pick up sound from the front with ease.
- It is designed to improve the audio of vlogs and videos.
- Since it is an electric mic, you do not need batteries to operate it.
- The shock mount is made up of thermoplastic, which is very hardy. It minimizes noise and vibrations quite effectively.
- This is quite a versatile microphone and is compatible with smartphones, camcorders, DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, etc.
5. Saramonic Vmic On-Camera Microphone
The last one on our list is a unidirectional on-camera microphone. It is a broadcast-grade stereo mic with some really interesting features. Let’s take a look at a few:
- It has an isolation shock mount made out of rubber.
- The mic is a stereo cardioid polaroid mic.
- It is completely made of aluminum and is quite sturdy.
- The mic has a high pass filter at 150 Hz.
- Its 3-position level control is another good feature.
- The package includes a foam pop-filter.
People also ask
1) Does GH4 have mic input?
Yes, it does.
2) Is GH4 good for video?
Yes, it has excellent features suitable for high quality videos.
3) Does the GH4 have a recording limit?
No, it doesn’t.
4) Is the Panasonic GH4 a DSLR?
It is almost a DSLR but it is smaller and lightweight.
5) Is Panasonic GH4 full frame?
No, it is four-thirds.
The right mic for your GH4 will change the way you vlog. That’s why it is important to pay attention to the buying process. We collated this article to help you with that. However, we also urge you to compare the products and choose the one that suits your needs the best. If you have any doubts or require additional help, please feel free to talk to us.