The Canon T2i or the Canon EOS Rebel T2i is a very popular DSLR, especially among beginners. It is lightweight that’s very easy to use. It is known for its fast performance, good video-capture quality, and affordable price. The camera was introduced a decade ago in 2010 but is still a very popular choice among professionals.
In this article, we shall help you buy the best lens for Canon T2i by speaking about some of the most popular options on the market today.
Do All Lenses Work With Canon T2i?
This is a common question among buyers and the answer is no. The compatibility of lenses is a huge factor because it all depends on the lens mount. The Canon T2i has an EF mount. This means that only those lenses, which are compatible with this mount can be used. So, only if you see an EF or EF-S label on the lens you like should you go for it. The same holds true for all brands from Canon to Tamron and Sigma.
Best Lens For Canon T2i
Now, let’s take a look at what the market holds for us in this space. Our experts have picked out the top lenses for Canon T2i for you.
1. Canon EF-S USM Lens for Canon DSLR
This particular lens from Canon is Amazon’s Choice, which means it is among the more popular options and is quite reliable. The wide-angle lens has quite a few interesting features. We have enlisted a few of them below:
- The maximum focal length of the lens is 55mm while the minimum focal length is 17mm.
- The lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.8.
- It has AD and aspherical elements that deliver excellent image quality even when zoomed.
- 1.15 feet is the closest focusing distance of the lens.
- It has a 5-group helical zoom system.
- The lens will do a good job even in dim lighting thanks to its image stabilizer lens group.
- It has a large circular aperture, which produces a shallow depth of field.
- It also has a ring-type USM.
- The manufacturers provide a warranty of 1 year on this lens.
Who Can Use It:
It has been designed for EOS 30D, EOS 20D, EOS Digital Rebel, and EOS Digital Rebel XT lenses
2. Canon EF STM Lens for Canon T2i
This is a 50mm lens compatible with the Canon EF mount. It has a maximum aperture of f/1.8 and comes with the following features:
- You can achieve a maximum magnification of 0.21x.
- The angles of view are horizontal – 40 degrees, vertical – 27 degrees, and diagonal – 46 degrees.
- The lens has 6 elements in 5 groups.
- The effective focal length is 50mm on full-frame cameras. It is 80mm on APS C cameras.
- This is an STM lens, which helps you move to auto-focus silently. It has continuous servo AF for movies and a very smooth AF for photographs.
- The minimum focusing distance is 1.15 feet.
- This lens is excellent for nighttime photography, action, and portraits.
Who Can Use It:
It has been constructed for EOS cameras
3. Tamron SP USD G2 for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
If you want to take a look at options outside Canon, Tamron is an excellent choice. It is a leading brand that sells good quality lenses. This particular lens is compatible with Canon EF mounts. Below are a few more details:
- This is a telephoto lens with a maximum focal length of 60mm.
- The maximum aperture is f/5.6.
- It has a 25-degree angle of view and the closest focusing distance is 0.65 feet.
- It can provide 1:1 magnification.
- The lens has a floating optical system.
- It has a USM for silent auto-focus.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year warranty.
Who Can Use It:
The lens is for Canon DSLR cameras with EF mount
4. Canon EF Wide-Angle Fixed Lens for Canon T2i
This Canon lens for EF mounts has a maximum focal length of 20mm. it is a wide-angle lens for EF mounts. Keep reading for more details:
- The lens has 11 elements in 9 groups.
- The closest focusing distance is 0.66 feet.
- It has a floating system and a full-time manual focus.
- The diagonal angle of view is 94 degrees.
- Its maximum aperture is 1:2.8.
- The lens also has a rear focusing system and a ring-type USM.
Who Can Use It:
This is for cameras with an EF mount
5. Canon EF-S Macro Lens
We are rounding off our list with another telephoto lens. It is a 60mm macro lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8. Below is more information about the same:
- The telephoto lens has a floating optical system and offers a life-size magnification of 1:1.
- The closest focusing distance for this lens is 0.65 feet.
- Auto-focus is fun and easy thanks to its ring-type USM. It is also fast and silent.
- The angle of view is 25 degrees.
- The macro lens also has a full-time manual focus.
- It promises high image quality, great contrast, and perfect corner-to-corner resolution.
- It has 12 elements in 8 groups.
People also ask
In this section, we will answer a few commonly asked questions about the Canon T2i.
1) Is the Canon T2i Good for Video?
Yes, it is.
2) Is Canon Rebel T2i a Full-frame?
It has a smaller angle of view than regular full-frame cameras.
3) Is Canon T2i a DSLR?
Yes, it is a lightweight and easy-to-use DSLR.
4) How Many Megapixels on Canon T2i?
5) Is Canon EOS Rebel T2i Mirrorless?
Yes, it is mirrorless.
6) How Old is the Canon Rebel T2i?
It is 11 years old. It was introduced in 2010.
Now that you have complete clarity about Canon T2i and the lenses you can buy for it, why wait? Compare and buy the right lens now! If you have any more doubts, though, you can always reach out to us.