Congratulations are in order already! You own the best full-frame mirrorless cameras! Both Sony a7
III and a7R III are beasts in the camera world with so much to offer! We are sure you are having fun
with them and are ready to take things up a notch.
When you pair them with the best flashes available in the market today, you will be the owner of the
best photography kit ever. This is why you must be careful while picking up a flash. The market
offers excellent flashes that are compatible with Sony a7 III and a7R III. These are your targets. The
others, even if they are attractive, won’t work because of compatibility problems. Hence, you must
specifically search for flashes made for these cameras.
Through this article, we are going to take away the pain of searching. We have done it for you
already! Read on to find out which camera flashes top our list. We are positive that your camera’s
best friend is one of these!
Best Flash for Sony a7 III and a7R III
1. Sony HVL-F45RM Compact, Radio-Controlled Gn 45 Camera Flash
It is always a great idea to start with Sony itself! You guessed it right. Sony has its own range of camera flashes, and they are the safest options available. That’s why it is ours and Amazon’s Choice!Let’s find out why you should grab it:
- It is a black flash with a 1-inch display.
- It offers very powerful flash lighting. (Gn 45)
- It works as an on-camera flash.
- It has a wireless radio receiver.
- The recycle time is around 2.5 seconds. It offers 210 bursts.
- When used wirelessly, it is capable of supporting 15 units.
- It can give you lighting for 4 hours continuously.
- Remember that this flash is made specifically for cameras that have MI shoe. If you are looking for compatibility with other cameras, this is not the answer.
- The box contains the flash, a mini-stand, a carrying case, and a protect cap.
2. Sony External Flash with Wireless Radio Control
Here’s another wonder from Sony! It is extremely easy to use and is packed with features that will blow you away! That’s why many users do not mind spending extra bucks just to get their hands on this flash. Here are a few interesting details:
- The external flash has powerful flash lighting (Gn 60).
- It is essentially an on-camera flash.
- It works wirelessly, as well. It has a radio receiver.
- The recycle time is exceptional! It is only 1.7 seconds.
- With each set of batteries, you will enjoy 220 emissions. That’s outstanding, isn’t it?
- You can use the camera flash in both radio and optical modes based on your preferences.
- In the box, you will get the flash, a mini-stand, a protect cap, a case, and two color filters (amber and green)
3. Godox Round Head Camera Flash Sony a7 III and a7R III
If you are looking for options beyond Sony, you will love what Godox offers. It is one of the leading manufacturers of quality camera flashes, and this one is compatible with Sony a7 III and a7R III. Plus,it is more affordable than Sony flashes. Below are a few of its features:
- It is compatible with Sony DSLR cameras and TTL autoflash.
- It comes with a built-in 2.4G wireless system that allows a further transmission distance of 100 meters.
- It offers optic transmission even when there’s illumination.
- You can enjoy all the TTL functions with this flash. These include 1/8000s high-speed sync,flash exposure lock, modeling flash, manual flash, autoflash, second sync curtain, and flash exposure compensation.
- The light effects that you will enjoy with the flash are simply outstanding.
- The package includes a flash, a battery, a charger, a mini-stand, a protection case, and a cleaning cloth.
4. YONGNUO IV Wireless Flash Sony a7 III and a7R III
The YONGNUO flash is the most affordable option on our list, but remember, it is reliable! If you are just starting out and need something that won’t give you price nightmares, this is it! Thanks to its price and its features, it has many positive reviews on Amazon. Here’s why you should consider buying it too:
- It supports wireless master function, wireless transmission, and wireless slave function.
- You can easily use the multiple trigger synchronous mode with this flash. It has a built-in trigger system.
- It has excellent recycle time.
- It comes with a remote control that’s quite easy to operate. We suggest you go through all the settings and understand them before you start using the flash.
- It offers multiple interesting functions that make photography fun. These include overheating protection, power saving mode, automatically saving settings, sound prompt,zoom, etc.
- The kit includes a protecting bag and a user manual.
5. EACHSHOT Godox TT350S Wireless Speedlite Flash
Say hello to another masterpiece from Godox! It is more affordable than its counterpart on this list and has a variety of features that you will love. We have listed a few of them below:
- It is compatible with a wide range of cameras, including Sony a7 III and a7R III. You can also enjoy TTL flash with it.
- It has an exposure control system and lets you use a range of functions such as manual flash,auto flash, multi-flash, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync, FEC, and HSS.
- It has 2 sending styles and 100 meters of further transmission.
- It has overheating protection abilities.
- Its useful functions include 22 stages of power output, 210 full power flash, custom settings,
and 0.1 to 2.2s reuse time.
We curated this list to help you find options across a wide range of budgets so that you choose
whatever fits your needs and your pockets! We personally think you should pick up a Sony product
just to be on the safe side, but that doesn’t mean that the others aren’t reliable. It all usually boils
down to your choice and what you are looking for in your flash. So, make an informed decision! All