Sony Cameras are great, but we all agree that the built-in flash in Sony 6000 or Sony 6300 doesn’t suffice. Although cameras are equipped with pop-up flashes, it doesn’t do justice when it comes to bounce light on a particular object when it is at a distance. And for getting rid of such issues while you are shooting, it is essential to invest in an external flash.
While numerous options are available for external flashes, not all of them are compatible with Sony cameras. After our extensive research and trials, we have compiled a list of the best sony camera flashes. All the flashes given in this list are compatible with various models of Sony. Check out our top five picks here:
Best Flash For Sony A6300
1. Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite
The top recommendation for getting your hands on one of the best flash for Sony A630 is this flash by Neewer. There has been a lot of hype around this flash Speedlite, given that it offers a lot of features and is compatible with a range of cameras. Buyers all around the world have praised this flash, given its specifications and extraordinary performance.
- The flash is easy to use and can be used with a range of DSLR cameras.
- It offers vertical rotation angles from 0 to 90 degrees and a Horizontal rotation angle from 0 to 270 degrees.
- This flash has eight levels of power output which are indicated by the eight pieces of LED lights on the flash.
- A red charging indicator on the flash flickers once every second when the battery is low.
- The flashlight offers three modes: M, S1 and S2. Thus one can adjust the mode according to the requirement.
2. Powerextra Professional DF-400 Flash For Sony A6300
The second highest-selling flash units are from the house of Powerextra. This brand is known for its range of digital camera batteries and photo accessories. This Speedlite flash is also one of the top-sellers online, given its features and affordable price point. This Speedlite offers a manual mode, S1 mode and S2 wireless flash trigger models. So one can easily adjust the mode as per the requirement.
- The flash has an approximate 3.0 seconds of flash recycle time.
- It has eight levels of power output control indicated by the eight-piece LED light on the flash for every level.
- The flash also features a power-saving automatic shutdown function and automatic save function.
- It also comes with a PC port so one can easily synchronize the flash with a PC.
- The flash offers vertical rotation angles from 0-90 degrees and horizontal rotation angles from 0 to 270 degrees.
- This sony A600 flash comes with one mini stand, manual, and a protective bag to store your flash when not in use.
3. MEIKE 320S Mini TTL Speedlite Automatic Flash
Our next recommendation for getting a flash under $100 packed with all the features will be this one by Meike. It supports on-camera and off-camera flash triggering, which can help setups, light check, etc. The operation of this flash is quite intuitive, and it can be used for both indoors and outdoors shoots.
- MK-320 is compatible with Sony A3000 A5000 A5100 A6000 A6300 A6500 A7 A7R A7S A7II A7SII A7RII A7MII NEX-5 NEX-6 A77II A58 A99 A99II RX1 RX1R RX1RII RX10 RX10II RX10III RX100II HX400V HX50V.
- This Speedlite flash supports various modes for flash, such as TTL, Optical Slave ( S1 & S2), and stroboscopic mode.
- The flash uses less power as it operates on 2 AA batteries. One can also find the external Micro USB storage as a port to charge the flash.
- It features a built-in LED light that provides additional auxiliary lighting for shooting videos.
- The flash provides 60-90 degrees of horizontal rotation and 7-90 degrees of vertical rotation.
- One can easily mount this flash as it comes with a hot metal shoe.
4. Godox Ving V860II-S 2.4G TTL Flash For Sony A6300
If there is one flash that we’d recommend buying for A6300, it would be this by Godox Ving. The flash comes with a complete package of equipment that one might need to do flash photography. Although its pricing is on a steeper side, you will not be disappointed by its overall performance, features and specifications. It can be used as a Master flash unit to control Sony camera flashes and as a slave unit for controlling it by X1T, X2T, XPro triggers or Godox flashes.
- The flash unit features a mounting lock, which can mount this flash with utmost ease.
- It supports both front and rear curtain sync. The flash can also help you create a trailing smear effect.
- The buttons on this flash are highly operative and can help you gain precise control over this flash.
- Godox flash offers a 1/8000s high-speed shutter that can help you capture the moments and reduce the light under the aperture.
- It offers an adjustable angle range both horizontally and vertically.
- The flash operates on a Li-ion polymer battery and has a recycling time of 1.5 seconds.
5. Voking VK360S Flash Speedlite For Sony A6300
Our last recommendation for getting the best flash for Sony A6300 will be this one by Voking. It is an excellent option available for people who don’t want to spend more than $50 on the flash Speedlite.
- The Speedlite is portable, comprehensive, and easy to use.
- It has a built-in LED light that can aid with auxiliary lighting for video clips.
- This flash offers good visibility and a wide visual angle.
- Voking flash supports TTL and offers various flash modes such as Manual ( S1 and S2), multi and stroboscopic.
- The flash also features a manual adjustment with eight power levels to have high-precision control.
We have tried to cover a range of options for sony camera flashes in different budgets. This list of options can help you find out the flash that can be suitable for you depending upon the use, features you are looking for, and the price point. Comparing all the products and looking at their specifications, we are really impressed by option four on this list- Godox Speedlite flash. Although it is costly compared to other options, it is undoubtedly the best flash for Sony A6300.
We hope you find this blog post helpful, and let us know in the comments which one you get or plan to get!