Can you use just any flash for real estate photography? You can, but the result may not be as high quality and sharp as you’d like. This is why we always recommend that you choose flashes based on your requirement.
There is a lot of difference between wildlife photography, event photography, indoor shooting, and real estate photography. While you can use any compatible flash, the output definitely depends on the abilities of your flash. Choosing one that can help you do a great job with real estate photography is obviously the best choice.
Best Flash For Real Estate Photography – Buying Guide
How do you determine which flash is the best? What are the features you should look for and factors that you should consider? Keep reading to find out:
Compatibility: This is the most important factor to consider because if the flash is not compatible with your camera, you will not be able to use it. Some professionals use multiple cameras for real estate photography. Ensuring that the lens fits them all is crucial. It is also ideal to stick to the same brand as your camera so that you face no compatibility issues. If these lenses are too expensive, though, you can choose any other good brand.
Recycling speed: A short recycle time is always advisable. Anything between 1.5 and 3 seconds is good real estate photography.
Zoom: You will need a wide zoom to be able to direct the light according to preference and focus it on particular areas. A flash with precise zoom will help you with this. A wide zoom range will further your cause.
Best Flash For Real Estate Photography
Now, let’s take a look at some of the best flashes for real estate photography available in the market today. These have been shortlisted by our experts.
1. YONGNUO YN560 IV Wireless Flash
Yongnuo is a leading brand when it comes to flashes for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and other popular cameras. Its products are of good quality just like this lovely wireless flash that is ideal for real estate photography. Some of its features are as follows:
- The flash supports Wireless Master Function and Slave Function.
- You can use it with various wireless transmitters such as RF-302, RF-603, and YN560-TX.
- With this flash, you can also use the Multiple Trigger Synchronous mode with ease.
- It has multiple customizable settings that you can play around with.
- It also saves settings automatically.
- The flash has ultra-fast recycling time at around 3 seconds with 8 levels of output control.
- It has a built-in trigger system.
Who Can Use It:
- It is suitable for real estate and portrait photography
- It is compatible with Canon, Olympus, Pentax, Nikon, and Yonguo cameras
2. Godox V850II Ving GN60
Godox is another excellent choice when it comes to flashes. The V850II works on a single lithium polymer battery and is packed with exciting features. Let’s take a look:
- It has a built-in wireless transmission (2.4G). it supports both receiving and transmission.
- The flash offers wireless remote control and manual focus assist.
- It also comes with multi-flash.
- With this flash, you can enjoy stable consistency and color temperature.
- It is easy to use with a user-friendly control panel and an LCD screen.
- The recycle time is less than 1.5 seconds.
- The wireless distance is 100m.
- Wireless flash functions include Master and Slave.
Who Can Use It:
It is compatible with Canon, Olympus, Pentax, and Nikon cameras
3. Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
If you have a Canon camera and do not mind spending a few extra bucks on your flash, you should definitely choose the 432X III-RT Flash. It is one of the best choices out there for the following reasons:
- The zoom flash head has a range of 24 to 105mm.
- It has easy-to-use controls, which include a built-in catch light panel.
- The recycle time is anywhere between 0.1 and 3.7 seconds with AA batteries. If you use Ni-MH batteries, it will be even less from 0.1 to 2 seconds.
- This is a portable Speedlite with adjustable flash exposure.
- It is compact and can easily manage color temperature, brightness, contrast, etc.
Who Can Use It:
It has been made for Canon cameras
4. Sony HVLF60RM External Flash
This flash is on the pricey end as well but it has a few excellent features, which is why we couldn’t leave it out of our list. Below is a glimpse of what you can expect.
- This powerful flash has a guide number of 60.
- You can use it as an on camera flash or a wireless commander.
- Its recycle time is incredibly fast at 1.6 seconds.
- The flash is capable of continuous shooting and can work on AA batteries as well as Ni-Mh batteries.
- Along with the flash, you will get a mini-stand, a carrying pouch, color filters, and a connector protector cap.
- The flash has been designed to be moisture and dust-resistant.
Who Can Use It:
The flash is compatible with multiple camera models. We suggest that you go through the compatibility list before making your purchase.
5. Neewer 2 Packs i-TTL Flash Kit
Here’s an affordable pack of flashes for your camera from Neewer. It is a complete kit that includes a wireless remote control, cables, hard and soft flash diffusers, and lens cap holders. Read on to find out why this is an Amazon’s Choice product:
- The flash has a 2.4 GHz wireless trigger. It can be triggered at a distance of 100m and less.
- It comes with a charging socket, which is handy if you need an external power pack.
- The flash has a PC synchronous port.
- It has the automatic temperature detection feature as well.
- Its wide-angle diffusor and reflection panel make it an excellent flash.
- Its sync speed is 1/250 seconds.
- It has 16 selectable channels.
Who Can Use It:
- It is compatible with Nikon i-TTL
- Suitable only for Nikon cameras
- You can get good macro and close-up shots with this camera. It is also good for wildlife photography.
People Also Ask
Now, let’s answer a few FAQs on this topic.
1) Do you Need a Flash for Real Estate Photography?
Yes, a flash is important.
2) What Kind of Lighting Do I Need for Real Estate Photography?
A manual flash with Gn58 or more will do the trick for you.
3) Should I Use HDR for Real Estate Photography?
Yes, you can.
4) What are the Best Practices for Real Estate Photography?
- Buy a good flash
- Carry more than 1 flash
- Use a tripod
- Make sure you are using a wide-angle lens
- Use light stands
There you go! This is everything you need to know to purchase the right flash for real estate photography. If you have any more questions, you know what to do – talk to us! We are looking forward to your comments.